Thursday, August 28, 2008

clocking that game

month of august is coming to an abrupt end. a month of non stop movement and people and social action and continuous brain working, it has come to a stop And I feel sort of peaceful and kind of worn out, my brain kind of taking a break. I feel comfortable in my house and do not want to leave except to go to work, but then I just play a motivational song in my head about hustling and other bad-ass activities and I'm flying and work don't chip at my self worth or creative force like it's meant to do.

i got my ipod to function and i'm hoping it will go a few months without freezing on me and forcing me to delete all the songs and re-restore it to factory settings. i'm being very careful. so far my song list includes a playlist of 300+ songs that i can picture jamming out to while working at pita pit. and then i uploaded a bunch of madonna, two lisa germano albums, portishead, lots of mirah, midlake, mia, some pj harvey. my soundtrack. i grabbed my ipod this morning and played it on shuffle for my 15 minute walk to the library job, and got some good jams, a lovely lisa germano track and a spicy madonna song from bedtime stories ("i can be your sister, i can be your mother, i can be your friend, i'd even be your brother but i...i'd rather be your lover, that's right").

and two more things:

1) i bought plums on sale at publix. delicious. i don't think I had ever tried plums before. like i said, delicious.

2) i have been hungry non stop. maybe it's all the work hours or something. but non stop. i brought a boca chicken patty sandwich to work today and i ate it within my first hour of being here. i can't help myself, i always do that! if i know i have food with me i want to eat it immediately, specially if it's super tasty!

3) we got a dining room table! it has easily made the dining room nook my favorite spot of the house.

No comments: