Tuesday, August 19, 2008

disillusion in august but then!

The month of august has been whizzing by and turning into this blur and mixture of settling in to a new place and chatting with new people and drinking with old friends and long hours spent at work. I can't really remember specifics and in my memory the days kind of blend into each other.

In starting this blog I was also starting a kind of completely new sort of direction of my life. Nothing really that epic but going from 16 years of schooling to strictly working is a new direction. The first week of it left me dazed and disenchanted and un-enthused. This week i've been much better.

This past saturday night we celebrated Sophie's 21st birthday by eating a Mrs Fields cookie cake at The Top and taking photo booth pictures with Sophie and singing "You're So Vain" by carly simon.

I am going to miss sleeping next to Lila when she leaves for such a long time this coming saturday. I never think about it when someone is going to leave, it just comes and then i realize and sometimes it's sad cause it was so much nicer when they were around but sometimes it's kind of okay but most of the time i will definitely long to be in the presence of that person somewhere in my feelings. Who do I miss currently? Martin i miss. Matt i don't particularly miss but it was so much nicer when he was around, is the thing, so it's similar. My mom i kind of miss, and my mom's mom i definitely miss but it's a missing feeling that is amplified by me feeling kind of bad for her since she is alone so often and i want to be in her presence not only cause i like being in her presence but because i know how much my presence would make her feel better.

Janelle is in town for a week. I love her and her energy and her thoughts, but after last night I have [temporarily] concluded that she is the worst person to sleep next to. She took up the entirety of lucy's full-sized bed last night. I had to push her with all my might from my side of the bed to try to get her on her side and she still only stopped half way, leaving me a mere fourth of the bed.

Her birthday is this Thursday the 21st, and I am looking forward to much fun and much partying.

No comments: